2009/12/25

Being around Dead People in Dreams

There are various ways to become lucid in a dream. One can see extremely ridiculous things like a parakeet riding a bike, which elicits lucidity easily. In Becoming Insane in a Dream I wrote about becoming lucid after I noticed that the way someone talked looked absurd.

Another phenomenon that often creates lucidity in dreams is the one in which people who are dead occur. My initial tendency in those kind of dreams is that I tell the ones who are dead that they should realize their new status of being dead and that they are no longer supposed to hang around in dreams any more. This often is enough for them not to return again in another dream.

An interesting element occured in a dream I had last night. I was sitting at a table with about 7 people. One of them had recently departed which caused me to become lucid. Next to me sat a man who is quite interested in occultism. I tapped him on the shoulder and made an interesting proposal: I said, what would you say if we decided to become lucid together?

Well, I can't say he really became wildly enthusiastic. In fact not much more happened and I woke up with a small grin on my face.

It would sure be a wonderful thing if I could be lucid together with someone else: to both do the unimaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment