2009/12/07

Lying Upon a Flying Airplane

Perhaps you have also had dreams in which you are driving a car or perhaps even a bus and things are not working out perfectly: either you get lost or people start distracting you or you are unable to find the right gear or some fog arises all of a sudden.

For me when I drive a car in a dream it sometimes can be interpreted as a beautiful symbol for my life. If I dream about not being able to find the place where I parked my car that can mean that I don't really know where I am with my life. When I drive a bus that is filled with too many screaming people it might mean that there is too much happening in my life. If I drive a car on a sunny day with a wonderful tune on the radio I tend to interpret it as a symbol for being in the right groove - my life is going great.

Last night I did not dream about driving a car or a bus, but another vehicle appeared on the scene: an airplane!

I was with a group of people in a rather crowded street. When I looked above me I saw a big airplane, a small edition of a boeing, performing all kinds of miraculous moves in the sky: with spirals and loopings, as if it was a small aircraft doing a show. The plane got closer and when it flew above the street I noticed a man on top the plane!

The strange thing was that this man was holding his hand inside of the roof of the plane and when I looked more closely I concluded that he was actually flying the plane with one hand through this roof. A true acrobat!

He made his rounds above the city and he returned from behind. I was impressed and before I knew it I, myself was the man lying on top of the plane, trying to fly the plane without making it crash on the people below. I was quite successful, but there was another awkward component showing up: the plane seemed to be losing air which made it deflate itself, like a balloon. When I accelerated the plane got inflated again, so I had to keep on flying fast. I made a few rounds in the air and I recognized a woman with glasses who looked a bit nurdy twice.

So, perhaps flying a plane would stand for doing something big. That sure is a stimulating thought. Imagine, me, doing something that would be useful for increasing humanity's average level of awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment