2009/12/05

Reasons behind this blog

Every since I was 15 years old I have had periods in which I jotted down my dream-experiences. There were several reasons why those periods never lasted longer than a few months. The most important reason was that I hardly read them afterwards. Why would I spend all that time writing down dream experiences when I would not do anything specific with it?

Another thing would be that it would simply cost too much time to write down all the dreams. Sometimes you would be writing more than half an hour a day and eventually it would infringe on my number of hours that I sleep.

Perhaps by writing out certain dreams on the internet I can remain more motivated to keep on paying attention to this fascinating aspect of life.

By dreamblogging I might also be able to make easier cross-references and I can develop some kind of dream database with the possibility of people responding from all over the world. In the past I would refrain from adding any ads to my blogs, but I have given in and I now think it is fair to think that perhaps my dreams might make some money. I just hope that these ads are not too intrusive to become annoying.

I love Jung and his attempts to reach into the unconscious realms: perhaps I can make a contribution into this field as well. Sometimes I get lucid during dreams, meaning that I am aware of being in a dream. This lucid mode can often provide great means of creativity.

It would be nice if this dream blog could develop into a nice vista into humanity's unconscious and perhaps this is too big a goal, it might shed some insight into one of humanity's exponents: me.

No comments:

Post a Comment